Friday, April 28, 2006

Suspect Device Nails Bay Buchanan

Ewwww. Yeah, I know I should change the headline (and possibly apologize to Suspect Device) but if I don't find someway to laugh at this, the anger will consume me. As I've said, I think the only way I can live postdeluvian is to be in NOLA and find something direct and constructive to do. Sitting here in limbo in the Far North will just kill me.

I really don't need to add anything else to Suspect Device's rant on Bay Buchanan's heartless suggestion that America is tired of hearing about Katrina, a pronouncement she made on CNN's Situation Room this week. Suspect Device has done a job everyone who cares about New Orleans should be proud of.

Bay, I'm tired of your America, of the America people like you and your brother have built. It increasingly bears no resemblance to the nation I was raised in, the one I was taught to believe in. The nation that saved itself from the Great Depression and saved the world from European Fascism, the nation that built the interstate system and sent men to the moon, it is gone. Now we are a nation that can't save its own people, even as we empty the treasury into the sinkhole of Iraq. It has become an alien place where the old joke that your brother's speeches sounded better in the original German is no longer quite so funny.

I hope it works out for y'all. I'm going home to the only country that matters to me: New Orleans, Louisiana.




Comments:
Blessed Be Markus!

Many of us are home now, and our Fate is ours to control.

Fuck the America I was taught to believe in and serve. Now... it's about New Orleans and the Coast.

WE will survive, and we shall exact the price from tose who disregarded all of us, our lives, and our Culture.
 
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of Suspect Device. Excellent post!

Peace,

Tim
 
"We are a nation that can't save its own people."

As with the end of all empires.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

"And when we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard nor welcome, but when we are silent we are still afraid. So it is better to speak remembering we were never meant to survive." -- Audie Lorde

Any copyrighted material presented here is done so for the purposes of news reporting and comment consistent with USC 17 Chapter 1 Title 107.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?